Auditions are required for Joffrey Professional Training Programs, the Joffrey Pre-Professional Division, and the Academy's annual Summer Intensives.
The Academy encourages all students interested in joining its summer intensives and/or year-round programs to attend an audition during the annual Audition Tour. The Joffrey Academy also accepts video auditions from those who are unable to attend in-person auditions.
Programs that require an audition include:
- Summer Intensives
- Joffrey Studio Company
- Joffrey Trainee Program
- Joffrey Conservatory
- Pre-Professional Division
Summer Intensive Auditions
All in-person and virtual auditions are now over for the 2021 Summer Intensives. Due to the limited capacity of each of our programs, we are no longer accepting video auditions for our 2021 Summer Intensives.
Video auditions are still being accepted for our year-round Professional Training Programs and Pre-Professional Program on an ongoing basis, as space permits.
How to Register for a Video Audition
Step 1: Register and Pay Audition Fee
If new to the Joffrey Academy, please create a guest account. If you are a past or current student, please log in to your existing account. If you do not know your login information, please contact Academy Reception at email@example.com.
Step 2: Complete the Video Audition Form
In order to complete the online form, students will need to upload:
- A headshot with ballet hairstyle
- For students ages 12 and up: First Arabesque Photo (Ladies—on pointe)
- An audition video link
Audition video must be no longer than 15 minutes in length and should include:
- Barre exercises (one side only)
- Center: Adage, Pirouette, Petite Allégro and Grande Allégro
- One solo (not mandatory) in practice clothes.
- Students auditioning for Studio Company or Trainee must include a classical variation from classical repertoire on pointe and a contemporary solo or improvisation.
- Students ages 7–8 are only required to demonstrate combinations done in their regular ballet classes
The prospective student should be easily identifiable in the video. Videos should be as recent as possible.
Students will be accepted and placed into programs based on their video audition and solely at the discretion of the artistic staff. Acceptance and level are subject to change after the student's first in-person class. Result emails are typically sent to the email provided within 14 days once video and audition payment is received, however due to the large number of video auditions being received this season, results are delayed.