Safety at Joffrey Season Performances
Your safety is our priority. The Joffrey Ballet is fully committed to the health and safety of our entire family—our audience, artists, technicians, administrative staff, and all of the communities we serve throughout each season.
We look forward to welcoming you to Joffrey performances at the Lyric Opera House.
Following the guidelines set forth by the CDC, the State of Illinois, and public health experts, during the 2023-2024 Season, the Joffrey will no longer require patrons attending performances to provide proof of vaccination upon entrance to the theater. Masks are no longer required while attending performances at Lyric Opera House. We ask that you please respect your fellow patrons’ choices around wearing masks.
Health and safety protocols continue to be evaluated on an ongoing basis in cooperation with public health experts and may change in response to evolving conditions.
Additional theater safety standards at Lyric Opera House include:
- Contactless ticket entry via digital tickets that may be shown on your personal mobile device.
- Enhanced, hospital-grade cleaning practices.
- Upgraded ventilation systems with increased fresh air exchange.
- Hand sanitizing stations available in locations throughout the theater.
- Flexible exchange policies: Not feeling well? Just give us a call. Our patron services team will be happy to help exchange your tickets for another performance.
Assumption of risk: There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. Those purchasing tickets to and attending Joffrey events voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.