Meetings, Rehearsals, Performances, and Conduct
Conducted via Zoom. Please note the meetings below are mandatory.
- Friday, September 23, 2022: Mandatory Parent Orientation Meeting.
- Friday, November 11, 2022: Mandatory Parent & Child (if available) Production Meeting.
- Beginning September 25: Regular weekly rehearsals take place on Sundays and one other weekday.
- Week of November 21: Rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with Joffrey Ballet Company Artists.
- Week of November 28: Rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with Joffrey Ballet Company Artists.
- December 1 & 2: Technical Rehearsals at Lyric Opera of Chicago during the day. The Joffrey provides a note of excused absence for school on those days.
Performances alternate between two casts. Cast members should be available for each performance, even if they are not scheduled for that show. If a cast member in one cast is unable to perform, their opposite in the other cast will be notified and asked to fill their usual role.
|Date||Day of the Week||Performance Time|
|December 3||Saturday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 4||Sunday||1:00 PM|
|December 8||Thursday||11:00 AM (Act I Only)|
|December 9||Friday||11:00 AM (Act I Only) & 7:00 PM|
|December 10||Saturday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 11||Sunday||1:00 PM & 6:00 PM|
|December 15||Thursday||7:00 PM|
|December 16||Friday||7:00 PM|
|December 17||Saturday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 18||Sunday||1:00 & 6:00 PM|
|December 21||Wednesday||7:00 PM|
|December 22||Thursday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 23||Friday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 24||Saturday||11:00 AM & 4:00 PM|
|December 26||Monday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
|December 27||Tuesday||2:00 PM & 7:00 PM|
Attendance and Conduct
Because The Joffrey Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker is a professional production, attendance at all practices/rehearsals is extremely important. Cast members are allowed one excused absence, which must take place before Sunday, November 13, 2022.
If a cast member is not able to participate because of the attendance policy, the Artistic Staff reserves the right to assign a cast member’s role(s) to someone else.
The Children’s Cast is an important part of The Nutcracker each year. We expect our Children’s Cast members to act respectfully and courteously when they share the studio and the stage with our professional dancers.